Welcome to my personal homepage. My name is Zazralt Magic, I am a Data Scientist at the BMW group in Munich. I work in the department for the production of electric powertrains. My daily business consists of wrangling and cleaning production data, and also train predictive models in order to increase the quality and reduce the costs. I am also involved in the connection of the production data to the cloud.
In my former life, I was a postdoctoral researcher in Astrophysics at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, Denmark. My main collaborators were Åke Nordlund, Martin Asplund and Achim Weiss. My research interests were Solar Corona, Stellar Atmospheres and Stellar Evolution.
I was a member of the Stagger-grid project, a collaboration for the construction of a comprehensive grid of 3D hydrodynamic model atmospheres of late-type stars.
Research in Numbers
- 20 refereed papers in high-impact journals (A&A, ApJ & Nature)
- 9 first author papers
- >1000 citations and an h-index of 15
- Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Topics: Heating of the Solar Corona
- Advisor: Prof. Dr. Åke Nordlund
PhD Thesis (pdf)
- Max-Planck Institute for Astrophysics Garching, Germany
- Title: “Theoretical Stellar Atmosphere Models for Cool Stars”
- Advisors: Prof. Dr. Martin Asplund, PD Dr. Achim Weiss
Diploma Thesis (pdf)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Germany
- Title: “Impact of the New Solar Abundances on the Analysis of Galactic Clusters and Binaries”
- Advisors: PD Dr. Achim Weiss, Dr. Aldo Serenelli